In The Beginning

Across the Bay from Table Mountain
This is really where I live.

An authentic, adventurous, and humorous account of my life (so far).


Perhaps I have already left the telling of my tale for too late. One tends to put off and put off these things, and as time rages on, it gathers dust and disappears. Well, my dear readers, I've finally reached far into that cupboard of 'things-past' and cleaned the cobwebs off this dusty, digital book. And now, it is time to take a trip down memory lane, and catch up, clarify and narrate my story.

It was, as far as I care, another hot, windy night here in the Cape. The day was Friday, January 15th, 1993. What was to unfold late that evening was, more than cliche and common is the dawn of a new life. I was far too young to make an accurate recollection of all that transpired in that little hospital room; but for my sake, it was a miracle and debut. The star: yours truly, Aron Frost.

I was born around 10:15pm at the Constantiaberg Medi-Clinic in Cape Town. It is nestled between the Table Mountain Range and False Bay. And I am most humbled and captivated by the absolute fact of having been born at the tip of Africa. A place so South of the Equator, yet so breath-taking.

The Tip Of Africa
The Tip Of Africa


Today, I am a few months into being 24 years old. I haven't left this city, and still, wake up each morning and see that mighty peak towering out of the sea. The Khoi-Khoi referred to it as Hoerikwaggo, the Portuguese called it Taboa do Cabo, I simply call it home. It is where my life began.


Images: Flickr & Google Earth

Comments

Popular Posts